Our vision is to provide a happy, secure, stimulating and attractive school environment for all our pupils which celebrates success and encourages risk taking, fosters children’s well being and involvement, enabling them to become autonomous deep level learners, through:
- Recognising that all children have preferred learning styles and strengths across a range of intelligences, and that emotional intelligence (EQ) is a powerful indicator of future success alongside academic intelligence (IQ).
- Fostering mutual respect between all staff and pupils as the key to good pupil behaviour. We ensure firm yet fair discipline and offer plenty of praise to reinforce our aims.
- Supporting parent/carers to enable them to maximise learning opportunities for their children.
- High quality teaching, ensure that each child develops academically, to match their capability, and is encouraged to be resourceful and become an independent thinker.
- Being an integral part of the local community with the staff, governors, parents and others working in partnership to maintain the friendly caring ethos of the school.
- Providing a challenging, creative, inclusive, well-planned and resourced curriculum which includes all children.
- Developing a co-operative approach between teachers, governors, parents and the wider community to endeavour to use everyone’s talents fully to benefit the whole school community.